A Hands-On Approach to Native Content Promotions for Publishers
An old trick now making a comeback, Promotional Posts:
Taking a look at the landscape for today’s modern publisher, things are certainly changing. From native trends, to ad-blockers, and FTC regulations, there is a lot to think about. However, one tried and true method for content promotion and creating native experiences is to create your own post. (example left from Entrepreneur.com)
Whether you call them “short form”, “long form”, or simply “posts” this method of writing a quick post regarding a new piece of content – like a new offer from RevResponse – is a terrific tactic to try.
Publishing a post for your RevResponse promotions allows you to:
- Provide context for your own audience
- Add your perspective
- And avoid ad blockers!
Take this example from Entrepreneur, by publishing a new post for the “Time Management for Dummies eBook” and promoting via email and social they gained more than 1k social shares in hours for the post. Try this method of promotion for your next post.
Here’s what you need:
2. Cover Graphic: go big with the “large” or “centered” cover graphic found in the Offer Catalog
3. Introduction: add 2 – 3 sentences introducing the offer to your readers
4. Short Description and/or Long Description
5. Call-to-Action Link to Request Offer
6. Disclosure: transparency is important - let your audience know that you stand to generate revenue from the post. (Entreprenuer example: Entrepreneur has affiliate partnership with TradePub so we may get a share of the revenue from your request.)
Head on over to the RevResponse Offer Catalog to select your first offer for a Promotional Post. If you’d like any assistance putting together your first post, just ask – we’d be happy to help!
Good luck and #revvup