Resource Library Wizard Help
How to customize your TradePub page…
Getting Started First things first; click the link in the left navigation under Promotion Tools to open the Resource Library Wizard.
Next, select the TradePub site you wish to customize. If you have multiple sites, you will brand each one separately. Then click “Go”.
You will be prompted to enter a username and password. For this BETA, please use the following: username: preview password: circ
Once you’re in the wizard, follow these steps…
Step 1: Choose a theme. Feel free to test out the different themes. See how they look by previewing them, and then choose one that you want to customize.
- The “TradePub.com Default” is what you were given when you joined our program.
- The “Basic – white background” theme is the most stripped down and it has placeholders for your content and stylesheets.
- The “Basic – transparent background” theme allows you to customize your header and footer and also customize your background to match your sites specifics.
- The “Custom” category will be the default category for your site once you’ve saved any changes.
Step 2: Get comfortable with the "Edit" – "Save To Preview" – Preview" cycle. Start experimenting with small changes. Change the theme, click “Save-To-Preview” and then click on the “Preview” tab. This is how you can view each change as you make it. Try another theme and repeat. Then try making some small changes within the HTML for the header. Once you’re happy with the changes you’re seeing, start making more advanced changes.
Step 3: Customize the header and footer. If you know your way around HTML, you’re in good shape. Just plug in your codes and get customizing.
*If you have a blog and are not an HTML expert, here’s what you do… to mirror your site’s look and feel, bring up your site in a browser and do a “view-source”. The header is everything on the page before the main content and the footer is everything on the page following the main content. Cut and paste these into the header and footer boxes. Here’s an example from a Blogspot blog. Platforms like Blogger, Wordpress and others are similar:
Step 4: Choose the number of category-page columns. You can customize the number of columns you’d like the offers to appear in on the category pages of you site. Selecting the number of columns only changes the Category Page columns, not the main page. To see the effect, click “Save to Preview”, then go to the “Preview” tab, then select a category from the left navigation bar.
Buttons you’ll be using…
Save to Preview. When you’re done editing the header and footer, click “Save to Preview” in order to save the changes you’ve made. Then select the “Preview” tab in order to view those changes. Keep making edits and previewing until you have the site looking exactly the way you want.
Go Live. When you’re done with the edit/preview cycle and are happy with the site you’ve created, click “Go Live” to commit your changes to the live site. You’ll see a confirmation popup. Click OK to finalize your changes.
- If the number of the columns of your category pages don’t change right away after you make a new selection, try previewing a different category. Sometimes the page-cache takes a little while to refresh.